Extract of Charitable Trust
Certificate of Incorporation
We are a small but energised and much-focused group in Christchurch, who passionately think that the time has finally come for a Hindu Temple in Christchurch. Several previous attempts to build a Hindu temple by aspiring and exemplary Hindus never had gained much traction and for a variety of reasons the idea and passion just fizzled out. We believe that in the greater scheme of things, everything happens only when it’s ready to happen. The time is NOW.
Please join us to establish the temple in Christchurch. We are not delusional and think that it will be an easy task. It will be a trying endeavor, but with God’s grace, we will prevail.
The vision to have a temple was to be able to unite the community and provide a place to worship, learn and teach ourselves and our children about the Hindu religion and our various languages and celebrate our festivals together as a big family.
Telephone : +64 22 42 45 599
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Mission and Guiding philosophies
- To promote and encourage religious experience for the many diverse Hindu congregational factions present in Christchurch. We aspire to be the building block and unifying factor in bringing these diverse communities together.
- The temple will promote and undertake activities in the areas of culture, spiritual enrichment, and social activities that have common themes that have universal applicability.
- To propagate the spirit of Hinduism to the larger communities and beyond
- To conduct daily worship services to Hindu Gods and spiritual masters in accordance with traditional Hindu rituals and customs.
- To promote a better understanding of the Hindu culture by celebrating popular festivals and by inviting other communities to participate at all such festivals
- To conduct religious education classes, study circles, discourses, the celebration of Hindu festivals and religious activities, and cultural events.
- To engage in various community service activities to serve the needy and the elderly as part of religious duty.
- To enhance pride in Hindu Religion for present and future generations.
- To promote understanding and respect for Hindu philosophy.
To provide facilities for cultural and arts and recreational activities for the Hindu community and encourage members of other communities to participate in such activities. Various discourses and educational classes will be held for adults to enhance their religious understanding and for children, special attention is paid to impart the basic understanding of our religious and cultural values.